Tuesday, August 16, 2011

thoughts of a friend. [pensamientos de un amigo.]

Today I got a letter from a friend of mine who is also serving a mission. Except he's in Botswana.
[Don't know where Botswana is? It's ok. I didn't either. It's the country north of South Africa.]

This letter really hit me a lot and I know that it could have the same affect on some of you.
So I'm going to share with you the thoughts of a friend.

"With all these trials going on with me in the mission, I know that I'm not the same as when I left. The mission is so hard! If my parents promised to buy me a car if I went of a mission and that's all I was doing it for, I wouldn't go. Because even if I did, I wouldn't stay! It's not about that. And it's worth way more. Way more than anything with a price tag. The mission is changing my life because I'm letting it! And that's worth it! I'm slowly becoming the man I want to be, and it's all because I'm serving the Lord."

I realized a lot of things when I read that.
The most obvious being that missions change our lives. If we let them. And even if you're not a missionary, or even a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you have a mission to fulfill. We all do. Because we're all children of God. And He has placed us where He needs us so we can do what He needs us to do. I've come to notice, like this friend of mine, that when we serve the Lord and we do His will, we become who we're supposed to be.
I've also been really blessed in my life to have really incredible friends. Friends who love and respect me as a person and my beliefs. Friends who help me be a better person. Friends who help me be the person I'm supposed to be. Friends who say things like this
"Heavenly Father's plan is perfect! We were so silly to doubt so much." -bff ashley.
and make me realize how blessed I am to know the truth that I know.
And friends with thoughts like this that help others know that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them too.
Lucky huh?
I also remembered that it's when we're faced with trials and challenging times that we grow. As hard as it may be to endure or to wait, there is always a blessing that comes just around the corner. And we have a loving Heavenly Father who is always willing to help us out if we look to Him and if we do our part.
“When our wagon gets stuck in the mud, God is much more likely to assist the man who gets out to push than the man who merely raises his voice in prayer—no matter how eloquent the oration.” -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Point is, when we look to the Lord in all that we do, let Him mold us, remember our blessings, our friends, and that there is always a miracle that comes after the trial of our faith, we can always have the strength to smile.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hoy recibi una carta de uno de mis amigos que esta serviendo una mision ahora tambien. Pero el esta en Botswana.
[No sabe donde esta Botswana? Esta bien. Yo no sabia tampoco. Esta norte de Sur Africa.]

Esta carta me pego bien fuerte y se que podria tener el mismo efecto en usted.
Entonces, voy a compartir con usted los pensamientos de un amigo.

"Con todas estas pruebas, pasando conmigo en la mision, yo se que no soy el mismo que cuando me fui. La mision es tan difícil! Si mis padres prometieron que me compre un coche si me fui de una mision y eso es todo lo que estaba haciendo para, yo no iria. Porque incluso si lo hiciera, no me quedaria! No se trata de eso. Y vale la pena muchisimo mas. Mucho mas que cualquier cosa con una etiqueta de precio. La mision es cambiar mi vida porque lo estoy dejando! Y que vale la pena! Estoy convirtiendo en el hombre que quiero ser, y todo porque estoy sirviendo al Senor."

Me di cuenta de muchas cosas cuando lei eso.
La mas obvia es que las misiones cambian nuestras vidas. Si los permitimos. E incluso si no es un miembro de la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias, tiene un mision para cumplir. Todos de nosotros lo tenemos. Porque todos somos hijos de Dios y El nos ha colocado donde El nos necesita para que podamos hacer lo que El necesita que hagamos. He llegado a notar, como este amigo mio, que cuando servimos al Senor y hacer su voluntad, nos convertimos en lo que se supone que debemos ser.
Tambien he sido muy bendecida en mi vida para tener amigos que realmente son increible. Amigos que se que me quieren y me respetan como persona. Y que respetan mis creencias tambien. Amigos que me ayudan a ser una persona mejor. Amigos que me ayudan a ser la persona que se supone que soy. Amigos que dicen cosas como asi,
"El plan de nuestro Padre Celestial es perfecto! Estabamos bien tontas para dudar tanto." -bff ashley.
y ayudar me realizar que estoy super bendicida porque tengo la verdad de este evangelio.
Y amigos con pensamientos como este que ayudan a los demas sepan  que tienen un Padre Celestial que los ama.
Suerte eh?
Tambien recorde que cuando nos enfrentamos a pruebas y momentos dificiles, que estamos creciendo. Puede ser dificil para esperar, pero siempre hay una bendicion que viene a la vuelta de la esquina. Y tenemos un amoroso Padre Celestial que esta siempre dispuesto a ayudarnos si nos fijamos en el, y si nosotros hacemos nuestra parte.
"Cuando nuestro vagon se queda atascado en el barro, Dios es mucho mas probable para ayudar al hombre que sale para empujar que el hombre que solo levanta su voz en oracion, no importa cuan elocuente la oracion." -Presidente Dieter F. Uchtdorf

El punto es, cuando miramos al Senor en todo lo que hacemos, dejar que El nos molde, recordar nuestras bendiciones, nuestros amigos, y que siempre hay un milagro que se produce despues de la prueba de nuestra fe, siempre podemos tener la fuerza para sonreirnos.

1 comment:

  1. yep. tears.
    i adore you hermana kels bels.
    friends, missions, life, experiences. they are all placed in our life to shape us and help us to become exactly who we are supposed to. we just have to let them.
    thanks. i love you.

    ReplyDelete