Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trust in the Lord.

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about the amount of trust that our Heavenly Father has in each of us. And I've come to the conclusion [and this is just based on things I've witnessed] that it's a massive amount.

As we anticipated our transfer calls on Saturday I found myself worried and trying to guess what would happen. And when we finally got the call, I was pretty instantly overwhelmed. I honestly didn't think that I would be able to take over the area after only being in the mission for six weeks. I still don't know very many people here and I was legitimately afraid that if the area was left in my hands, it would just crumble.
My fear only got worse when I heard that I was going to be the only one of four of us missionaries in our branch to be staying.

As I knelt in prayer that night, I asked my Heavely Father for His counsel; for anything that could help me feel more peace about the next six weeks to come.

My answer was not one that I expected, but it was one that brought immense peace.
I, almost instantly, received an answer that everything was going to be okay. That I didn't need to fear. That my Heavenly Father was telling me that He has full confidence in me, so I should too. My life, especially as a missionary, is completely in His hands, and I know that He will lead me to where He needs me to be.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, said it this way:
"Faith in the Lord is trust in the Lord. We cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord’s will and in the Lord’s timing. As a result, no matter how strong our faith is, it cannot produce a result contrary to the will of Him in whom we have faith. Remember this when your prayers do not seem to be answered in the way or at the time you desire. The exercise of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is always subject to the order of heaven, to the goodness and will and wisdom and timing of the Lord. When we have that kind of faith and trust in the Lord, we have true security and serenity in our lives."
I know that as we put our trust in the Lord and align our will and desires with His, we will be able to do all things that we are asked to do. They will be hard. And we may struggle. But with our struggles, we grow stronger. We learn. We progress. We gain more trust from and in our Heavenly Father and the plan He has for each of us.

2 comments:

  1. adore. you.
    i'll be writing you stories tonight.
    oh, and you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for the peace that we can find through prayer. I know that it's so amazing to realize how much faith and trust our Heavenly Father has in each one of us and how we can feel of that through talking to him in prayer and faith. I know that God trusts you where you are. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete