Thursday, June 23, 2011

prayer of faith.

"O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me...
"And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith."
[Alma 31:31,38]

Prayer and faith. I'm not sure that there's a much better combination.
The scriptures are evidence over and over again that prayers are answered according to the faithfulness that we have in God and His ability to answer them.

I know that God listens to us and I know that He answers every prayer that we say. Sometimes, it's not in the way that we hope, but God always answers. He is waiting for our prayers because He is our loving Heavenly Father. He wants to help us. He wants to bless us. He wants us to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment