Wednesday, June 8, 2011

mis pies.

Monday we were at an apartment complex that some members live at and all of our plans [and backup plans] fell through.
We sat down on some steps to pray for some direction in where we should go, who we should go see, or what more we could do to receive some guidance.
As I opened my eyes I saw this.

I'm really thankful for my feet.
Random?
Maybe.

True?
Definitely.

But really, sometimes I think that I'm just not thankful enough for my body. And of all things, I don't think I ever think about my feet. [Except when they hurt..] But really. Life would be much harder without them.. Or if they didn't work as well as they do. And I wouldn't be able to have the great blessing of being here, in Nashville, Tennessee, on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and more importantly, for my Heavenly Father.

Flashback:
I used to never wear sandals. Ever. All through middle school. Until like my senior year of high school.
Why? People told me I have weird toes. [I do.]
But after spending way too many years sufficating my feet, I got over it.

How? Because our loving Heavenly Father has given us our bodies as a gift. Sure, they definitely have their limitations. Each one differently. But they're all gifts. Without which, we could have no possibility of returning to our Heavely Father's presence. He wanted us to have all that He has. In order for that to happen, we needed a body. Because He has a glorified, perfected body of flesh and bones, but we were only spirits.
True, our body that we got when we came to Earth, isn't perfect. Yet. We all have our individual strenghths and weaknesses. But ultimately we will all be resurrected, just as Christ was. And as we are here on Earth, and we do the things that we're here to do, if, as we are tried and tested, we make good choices, then we will have the chance to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father again and truly be as He is.

So I am truly grateful for my body because it allows me to live in the presence of my loving, Heavenly Father again.

I'm thankful for my feet.
[and comfy sister missionary shoes..]

No comments:

Post a Comment