Thursday, July 21, 2011

expections.

Today Hermana Dodge and I were talking about the expectations we've had over the last few months from the time we sent in mission my papers until now.
I was thinking about how I so thought I knew what I was doing. But at the same time, I had no idea. But I was comforted in the fact that I wasn't only putting in mission papers, I was also putting all of my trust in the Lord.
Thinking about all of this made me think of this pre-mission post:
"i can't even adequately express how excited i am for this. i am so incredibly amazed that heavenly father knows me so well. and he knows the people who live in the tennessee nashville mission and he trusts me enough to go and share his gospel with them. it's overwhelming. not going to lie. but i am so ready. well, maybe not completely. but as ready as i'm going to get by myself. i know that with the lord's help and with a worthy heart and willing hands i can help spread the gospel to my brothers and sisters who are ready to hear it. i'm so stoked. and that's not even a good enough word.
the gospel brings me so much joy. so much more than i ever thought possible. it never ceases to amaze me. and i am so excited to help others come to know our savior and experience the joy that this gospel brings into the lives of those who come to know it's truths.
bring on the next eighteen months."
I wrote this the day after I got my call.
When Hermana Dodge and I were talking this morning, I had already forgotten what I had gained a testimony of. Even if it was only six months ago. I had forgotten to keep all of my trust in the only two people who know me better than I know me--my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I just remembered that this truly is Their work. That the expectations that They have for me and for the people here in Tennessee who need Them in their lives is far greater than anything I could ever begin to imagine.
Expectations are an interesting thing. And I know that there are a whole lot of things that lay in store that I haven't ever thought about before. But it's a good thing to know that if I put my whole heart in His work, and my whole life in His hands, and all my trust in His wisdom that is far greater than mine, I'll be good. We all will. But even more than that, so will the people we meet.
It's amazing how our Heavely Father knows each of us. Individually.
He knows what we need. He knows how to get us there. And He's going to put us in the places and put people in our paths that will give us the best possible shot at godhood.
So I'll end this in the same way I did the last one:
Bring on the next 13 months.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! You have amazing faith, and the people whom you serve are so blessed because of you!

    ReplyDelete