Saturday, July 30, 2011

courage to conquer.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
-Philippians 4:13

I've got a secret. Life is hard.
But much more importantly, is that life is happy.
Why?
Because we have our older brother, Jesus Christ, and His example, His atonement and hope that through Him, we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

I've spent my whole life being afraid of, well, all sorts of things really. People who really know me will think that I'm lying. Or just being pretty ridiculous. But if we've just met, you'll probably agree with me because I've probably been too afraid to really talk to you... A little ironic for a missionary right?

But today I discovered this wonderful nugget of knowledge [or rather, re-discovered what I already knew] from our beloved prophet, President Thomas S. Monson:
“Let us have the courage to defy the consensus, the courage to stand for principle. Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval. Courage becomes a living and an attractive virtue when it is regarded not only as a willingness to die manfully, but also as a determination to live decently. A moral coward is one who is afraid to do what he thinks is right because others will disapprove or laugh. Remember that all men have their fears, but those who face their fears with dignity have courage as well.”
No matter what fears we may have, they can be conquered with courage, because Christ conquered all.

No comments:

Post a Comment